Workforce Diversity – Now is the time for employers to look outside traditional sourcing pools to find employees to meet their needs. Studies have shown people with disabilities to be loyal, dependable employees who meet and even exceed job performance expectations. Access the resources below to find out why hiring employees with disabilities makes good business sense.
Return on Investment
Employing people with disabilities boosts your bottom line.
- Diverse Perspectives: People with Disabilities Fulfilling Your Business Goals: http://www.dol.gov/odep/pubs/fact/diverse.htm
- Business Case for Hiring People with Disabilities: https://www.dol.gov/odep/pubs/fact/diverse.htm
- United State Department of Labor – Disability Resources
- Employer Financial Incentives for Hiring People with Disabilities: http://www.askearn.org/topics/laws-regulations/employer_financial_incentives/
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion http://www.askearn.org/about/
Tax Benefits for Private Employer
Three types of tax incentives are available to help employers cover accommodation costs for employees with disabilities and/or to make their workplaces accessible.
- Employer Tax Incentives: http://askjan.org/media/tax.html
Texas Workforce Commission Vocational Rehabilitative Services
Provides quick and easy access to comprehensive information about disability programs, services, laws and benefits.
Office of Disability Employment Policy (Department of Labor)
Americans with Disabilities Act – US Department of Justice
Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) is the leading source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues. JAN helps your business work toward practical solutions that benefit both employer and employee. JAN helps people with disabilities enhance their employability, and shows employers how to capitalize on the value and talent that people with disabilities add to the workplace.