Vocational Rehab Services


TWS-VRS provides services to help bridge the gap between you and meaningful employment.

Some examples of services are training, counseling, medical services, artificial arms and legs, hearing aids,
transportation, sign language interpreters, Braille instructions, orientation and mobility instruction for individuals who
have visual impairments, on-the-job supports, and help to find a job.

You probably won’t need all of these services, and there may be other services that you do need that are not on the list.
Your counselor will provide you with information about available options and alternatives in selecting the services you
need for successful employment.


Eligibility for services does not depend on your income. A person is eligible for vocational rehabilitation services if he or she meets the following requirements:

  • Has a physical or mental disability that results in substantial barriers to employment.
  • Requires VR services to prepare for, obtain, engage in, retain or advance in employment.
  • Is able to benefit from services, as determined by the ability to obtain, retain, or advance in competitive
    integrated employment upon completion of VR services

Disabilities Other Than Vision-Related Disabilities

  • Behavioral and mental health conditions
  • Hearing impairments, including deafness
  • Alcoholism or drug addiction
  • Intellectual, learning and developmental disabilities
  • Physical disabilities, including traumatic brain and spinal cord injury, back injury, paralysis and impaired
  • Blindness
  • Significant visual impairments
  • Deaf


Get help preparing for post-secondary education and employment opportunities through the following individualized services. Services are based on eligibility and your individual need, and are provided in collaboration with the family, high school, community college, or Educational Service Center.

  • Pre-Employment Transition Services

Receive core services, as needed, to help prepare for post-secondary education and employment opportunities:


  • Vocational counseling, including counseling in job exploration and post-secondary training opportunities
  • Counseling on opportunities for post-secondary education such as college, vocational schools, etc.
  • Work-based learning experiences, including internships and on-the-job training
  • Training in workplace and employer expectations
  • Training in self-advocacy and social skills
  • SEAL (Summer Earn and Learn) Program
    • The SEAL Program is a statewide strategy that provides employment transition services, including work readiness training and paid work experience to students with disabilities. The program is offered during the summer months, when students are out of school.

VR Office Locator

Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services are available to eligible individuals with disabilities across Texas and VR staff are co-located within many Workforce Solutions Offices. Find an office today.

Start My VR

Start My VR is an online self-referral form that offers a convenient way for Texans with disabilities to take the first step toward employment. Get started today by visiting Start My VR

Phone Call

Call 512-936-6400, Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm to submit your application via phone.

Appeals Process

If you have a concern with any TWC vocational rehabilitation decision regarding your vocational rehabilitation services, try to resolve the concern with your TWC vocational rehabilitation counselor and his or her supervisor.


If your concern is still not resolved, see Appeal a Vocational Rehabilitation Decision to learn about your rights to appeal a

The Permian Basin Workforce Board can provide assistance with sign language interpreters, accessibility technology, Job placement and development, job coaching, and training. The Permian Basin Workforce Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer with programs that serve all populations.

Deaf, hard-of-hearing, or speech-impaired customers may contact: Relay Texas: 800-735-2989 (TDD) And 711 (Voice) Equal opportunity is the law (link to EO is the Law page)